The Alexander Valley Film Festival is now accepting submissions for the 2nd Annual Film Festival
(October 20-23, 2016).
2016 Alexander Valley Film Festival
Entry Rules and Regulations
When you submit your film to AVFF, you agree to all screen Entry Rules and Regulations below.
April 1, 2016 - Call For Entry
May 31, 2016 (Postmark) - Early entry deadline
June 30, 2016 (Postmark) - Regular entry deadline
July 31, 2016 (Postmark) - Late entry deadline
* Filmmakers will be notified of their status one month prior to the Festival by email
May 31, 2016 (Postmark) - Early entry deadline: US $40/$30 (shorts)
June 30, 2016 (Postmark) - Regular entry deadline: US $50/$40 (shorts)
July 31, 2016 (Postmark) - Late entry deadline: US $60/$50 (shorts)
AVFF understands that some filmmakers are unable to make the financial commitment of entering their films into multiple festivals. Filmmakers seeking a fee waiver are welcome to complete the online waiver application. AVFF will review the requests and grant waiver opportunities based on need, professionalism, and filmmaker track record. Click here for the application.
Prizes & Awards
AVFF Audience Award - Feature
This prize will be awarded to one feature film across narrative and documentary categories that receives the highest marks from AVFF audiences. Cash value: $500
AVFF Audience Award - Short
This prize will be awarded to one short film across narrative and documentary categories that receives the highest marks from AVFF audiences. Cash value: $250
AVFF reserves the right to not grant an award in either competitive category if the total number of entries do not provide a sufficient pool to find a prize-worthy film.
* Entrants accept all rules and regulations of AVFF and must be 18+ yrs old or have written adult consent by a parent or guardian
* Films that are not in the English language must be subtitled in English or dubbed
* Films must not have been screened publicly prior to January 2015
* Feature films submitted to The Alexander Valley Film Festival in 2015 or 2016 must never have been broadcasted publicly (on the internet or television) or been commercially exhibited in the United States prior to the opening night of the 2016 Alexander Valley Film Festival. This DOES NOT INCLUDE SHORT FILMS.
* The filmmaker represents and warrants that the submitted material is an original work and that there are no disputes regarding ownership of the submission. The filmmaker represents and warrants that the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and he/she fully indemnifies the Festival against any claim made for such violations of the law. The filmmaker understands that failure to adhere to the Festival rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee. The filmmaker agrees to hold Alexander Valley Film Festival harmless from and defends them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not they are groundless, based on any film submitted to the Festival.
If mailing in a physical DVD or BluRay, please sign the entry form and send payment along with all materials to the following address:
The Alexander Valley Film Festival
Attn: AVFF Submissions
530 Venezia Way
Cloverdale, CA 95425
For International Submissions:
The Alexander Valley Film Festival
Attn: AVFF Submissions
P.O. Box 71
Cloverdale, CA 95425
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
Entry Materials must include the following:
- Entry Fee in US dollars payable by credit card, check, cash, US travelers checks, or money order
- All works not submitted on WithoutABox or Film Freeway as secure online screeners must be submitted on DVD or Blu- ray Format (1 copy only must be provided).
* Films submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be accepted after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit screener DVDs without any physical or quality defects
* Please note that entry materials will not be returned
* For multiple entries, please note that each film entered must have a separate entry form and separate DVD or Blu- ray. Additionally, each film must be submitted separately on WithoutABox or Film Freeway. Fees for multiple entries may be combined either through the WithoutABox or Film Freeway system or through mailed payment.
* Please be sure that the entry and confirmation forms are legible
* Please indicate the running time of your film
Films may be re- entered in subsequent years provided that significant changes have been made to them and that they still meet all rules, regulations, and eligibility requirements. Films must not have been screened publicly prior to January 2015.
All filmmaker participants accepted into the Festival will be notified approximately one month prior to the Festival.
* Please note that a valid and current physical address and email address must be provided with the film. Please update that information with the Executive Director if anything should change from the date of entry. The Executive Director reserves the right to inquire about other invitations to Festivals prior to acceptance into AVFF.
If your work is accepted into AVFF 2016:
- A full resolution digital file must be provided and sent upon acceptance
- A Film Information Form that will be emailed to you must be completed, signed and sent in with the exhibition copy upon acceptance
- The Filmmaker must provide a trailer or clip of the film under 2 minutes in length as a digital file or online link that can be embedded or downloaded
- 5 additional DVD screeners for AVFF archives and press must be provided upon acceptance
- One comprehensive digital press kit must be provided, which includes film stills, photo of director, synopsis of film for marketing material, full cast and crew credits, and bio of director. AVFF reserves the right to secure alternative materials from other sources.
* Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs, and publicity materials from the country of origin to the AVFF office shall be borne by the applicant. AVFF will pay for the return of any hard drives to the filmmaker via FedEx.
* AVFF 2016 will be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the entry and with all accepted films for marketing material. These photographs and publicity material will not be returned to the filmmaker
* For promotional and publicity purposes, trailers or brief clips of any film entered into the Festival may be shown on any television network, the internet, or related media throughout the duration of the Festival
* Films selected for the final screening, once the offer is accepted by the filmmaker, will not be allowed to be withdrawn from the Festival under any circumstance
* AVFF does not pay screening fees to submitted films under any circumstance. By submitting your film, you are agreeing to screen your film without a screening fee or any other compensation if it is selected
* Decisions of the Festival Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be binding on all parties
* Submission in the Festival implies acceptance of these regulations
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Films made anywhere in the world are eligible to be submitted for consideration in one of the following categories: Narrative Feature Narrative Short, Documentary Feature, or Documentary Short.
2. If the Film’s final running time is less than 40 minutes including credits if any, the Film may only be submitted as a Short film. Even if the Film has been submitted as a Feature film, it will be included for consideration only in the shorts category.
3. If the Film’s final running time is more than 40 minutes the film may only be submitted as a Feature film. Even if the Film has been submitted as a short film, it will be included for consideration only in the feature category.
4. The Festival does not require première status for submissions. The Film may have been screened at any number of other film festivals anywhere in the world.
5. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted Film. The Organizers will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted Film. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the applicant, any film with any unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials.
6. Applicants submitting films that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from the applicant, any film that contains significant non-English spoken dialogue that does not include accompanying on screen English subtitles.
7. All Films must be submitted to us on WithoutABox or Film Freeway, as an online screener, DVD or Blu-ray disc. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees previously collected from Applicant, any Film that is not submitted on one of the recommended standard formats.
For further clarification of any details given here or for any further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org