ACCEPTING STUDENT APPLICATIONS FOR
The Alexander Valley Film Society (AVFS) is accepting 2018 Internship applications. Internships are offered on a semester and/or calendar year basis and are intended to serve as a bridge for students between their current academic setting and future real-world professional responsibilities and expectations.
We are looking for students who are eager to learn, self-starting, detail-oriented, and who enjoy problem solving, take direction well, and take ownership of responsibilities.
Sample tasks include, but not limited to:
- Organizing (making and keeping lists in excel, entering data, etc.)
- Communications (writing emails/letters, communicating with other students, friends, etc.)
- Research (looking things up online, calling vendors to confirm details, keeping track in excel, etc.) *
- Events (set up, breakdown, working concessions, running errands, etc.)
- High school students only (home schooled students age 14+ welcome to apply)
- Interest in one or more of the following areas: marketing/communications, development, and/or event production – all will be explored
- Excellent people skills
- Applicant recognizes that s/he will represent AVFS in a public-facing capacity throughout the Internship.
For students to be considered for Spring semester internships, please fill out this application NO LATER THAN MONDAY, January 22nd.
If you have any questions about the internship program or application process, please contact Executive Director Kathryn Hecht at firstname.lastname@example.org.