The AVFS Screening Team reviewed more than 150 films to create the following slate of 11 Narrative Features, 10 Documentary Features, 6 Short Films,and 2 Special Events.
Congratulations to all of the films and filmmakers accepted!
THE BRAND NEW TESTAMENT
ELIJAH'S ASHES (LGBT)*
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH*
THE INCIDENT (Spanish Language)*
LA JAULA DE ORO (Spanish Language)
LONG WAY NORTH
A MAN CALLED OVE
TAKE ME FOR A RIDE (LGBT) (Spanish Language)
EL CHIVO *
FINDING KIM (LGBT)*
HIERONYMUS BOSCH: TOUCHED BY THE DEVIL
THE LAST LAUGH
MAYA ANGELO AND STILL I RISE
STUDENT SHORTS 2016*
AVFF 2016 SHORTS*
THIS MODERN MAN IS BEAT
* Filmmaker in attendance as of 9/7/16
KEY UPCOMING DATES:
- October 20th (Thurs) - NEIGHBOR SCREENING - Alexander Valley Hall - Locally catered dinner with a movie for the community. For AVFF 2016 Pass Holders and Individual Ticket Buyers.
- October 21st (Fri) - OPENING NIGHT FILM AND 1ST STREET BLOCK PARTY - The Clover Theater and 1st Street in Cloverdale. Take in the Opening Night Film and then fete the Film Festival in elegant block-party style with the best in Cloverdale restaurants, local wines, and lively tunes. For AVFF 2016 Pass Holders and Individual Ticket Buyers.
- October 22nd (Sat) - CLASSIC FILM UNDER THE STARS - Francis Ford Coppola Winery. Join us for a unique movie-going experience on one of the region's most breathtaking locales. For AVFF 2016 Pass Holders and Individual Ticket Buyers.
- October 23rd (Sun) - CLOSING NIGHT FILM AND AWARDS RECEPTION - The Raven Film Center and Healdsburg SHED. Bid farewell to the 2016 Festival with the Closing Night Film and then celebrate this year's Student filmmakers and Audience Award Winners. For AVFF 2016 Pass Holders and Individual Ticket Buyers.
The ALEXANDER VALLEY FILM FESTIVAL (AVFF) celebrates its second year this October as the hottest emerging regional film festival in the North Bay. AVFF has become a unique mix of local and independent cinema with a Hollywood flare.
Erica Milsom of PIXAR and 2016 visiting filmmaker with SNOW DAY says, “I can’t say enough how much fun I had and how impressed I was with your efforts. The Film Society’s outreach and community component sets you apart from the other film fests in the Bay Area and the majority of festivals I’ve seen nationwide. And I sincerely appreciate how film-maker friendly you are.”
In addition to screening cutting-edge films, AVFF looks to showcase and host new and emerging talents from all over the world. In 2015, our first year, we connected over a dozen filmmakers to Northern Sonoma County film fans in person or through Skype. We hope to double that number for AVFF 2016. Cash prizes will be given for Audience Award for Best Short and Audience Award for Best Feature.
AVFF anchors between The Raven Film Center in Healdsburg and The Clover Theater in Cloverdale. Special events, additional screenings, and panels are sprinkled throughout venues in Cloverdale, Geyserville, and Healdsburg. Area students are encouraged to attend, volunteer, and participate in festival events with filmmakers. The festival also features winning student films from the AVFF Student Film Competition. This is a community event through and through, but one that we produce with great care and sophistication.
MORE ABOUT THE FILM SOCIETY - The Alexander Valley Film Society is a nonprofit organization in Northern Sonoma County. We work to strengthen our community through film. We produce year-round educational programs for children in the public schools of Cloverdale, Geyserville and Healdsburg, cultural enrichment programming for adults, and the annual Alexander Valley Film Festival.