Please read through our Equity Statement before you apply. This is a living document to be regularly amended that will guide our efforts at creating a more equitable and just organization.
About the Alexander Valley Film Society (AVFS)
AVFS brings global perspectives into our community, builds partnerships to broaden our impact, and educates, empowers and engages students of all ages through the transformative power of film.
AVFS produces year-round educational programming, multiple film series, and the annual Alexander Valley Film Festival.
AVFS seeks a part-time Development Coordinator (starting at 10 hours/week) to help move our organization to the next level. This position will report to and work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that the organization has the resources needed to produce our community-enriching events, provide tech support to handle critical data used by the Board and Executive Director as part of their decision-making process, and to assist the Executive Director in connecting our donors to the inspiring work we do on behalf of local students.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the donor database, which includes processing incoming gifts, donor acknowledgments, and reporting regularly to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Provide administrative support for Board meetings and various committees with minutes, agendas, packets, and calendaring
- Work with Project Manager to maximize sponsor partnerships during the film festival, ensuring sponsors are visible and engaged
- Assist in all other areas of development administration and fundraising events, including but not limited to donor recognition events and stewardship activities for current and potential donors and appeal coordination across all channels (print, social, events)
- Assist Executive Director in special projects
- Bachelor’s degree. Two (2)+ years relatable development/office experience preferred.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (including mail merge) and G+ suite tools. Experience with a donor database is preferred, but not required. Previous experience with grant research, writing and management will tip the scales in candidate’s favor. Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- A valid driver’s license, consistent access to a car, the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed for events, and the ability to lift 30lbs or more. Knowledge of and/or experience in film and media arts a plus.
Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills; have the ability to work effectively with other staff members, Board members, high-level volunteers, and patrons; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently; provide friendly, donor-centered customer service; and represent the organization and mission in a professional and positive manner. The Development Coordinator must have a keen eye for detail and a collaborative spirit. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a passion for supporting the arts in communities and schools.
Benefits & Wages
Hourly wage between $20-$22/per hour depending on experience. Benefits include paid sick leave, accrued paid time off, cell phone reimbursement, and use of company laptop, among others.
FLSA & Employment Status
The Development Coordinator is Non-Exempt, and Part-Time.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Coordinator – [First name Last Name] in the subject line no later than June 15.
AVFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
Join our mailing list