FUTURE FILMMAKERS DOC SHOP
Introducing our first after-school documentary filmmaking Program!
Starting Monday, September 20th, AVFS will offer a seven-week documentary filmmaking program for students grades 6-12 at Windsor High School from 4-6PM. A maximum of 24 students will meet each Monday for seven weeks, Sep 20th – Nov 8th. (Off Mon, 11/11, for Indigenous People’s Day). Students will work in groups of 2, with a max of 12 groups. This class will use cameras, lighting, and audio equipment. Editing will be done in Adobe Premiere Pro.
All equipment will be provided. All Sonoma County students welcome!
All sessions are free but there is a one-time application fee of $25. (No one will be turned away for lack of funds)
- Week 1 – IDEAS, RESEARCH, AND THEORY (Sep 20th)
- Week 2 – PRODUCTION SKILLS (Sep 27th)
- Week 3 – PRODUCTION DAY (Oct 4th)
- Week 4 – EDITING INSTRUCTION (Oct 18th)
- Week 5 – EDITING LAB (Oct 25th)
- Week 6 – EDITING LAB (Nov 1st)
- Week 7 – SCREENING/Q&A/FEEDBACK SESSION (Nov 8th)
- Exhibition – Private/Public screening for family and friends, either in a theater or a drive-in presentation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS OR ANY OF OUR OTHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS, PLEASE EMAIL TESS MCHAFFIE, PROJECT MANAGER, OR CALL 707.893.7150.
Join our mailing list